1. Upon providing confirmation of the availability of a requested property to a client, a provisional reservation will be made for seven days. There is neither obligation to take up this reservation nor any cost but, if the client does not take up the reservation within seven days of it's announced availability, it may be released and sold to another client.
2. The weekly rental price varies according to the time of year and is calculated within the total rental. For rental periods other than a full (7-night) week, the rental price is subject to availability and the owner's discretionary calculation, which will be included within the total rental.
3. Acceptance of the reservation payment constitutes an offer only and no binding contract shall come into existence until such a time as the owners accept the offer in writing (by issuing a Booking Confirmation). Any amendments to the booking may be undertaken subject to availability and confirmation in writing from the owners on a new Booking Confirmation.
4. If any balance and refundable deposit is not paid 8 weeks prior to the arrival date, the owner will be at liberty immediately and without notice to treat to such non-payment as a repudiation of the agreement by the client and the deposit will be forfeited.
5. Late payment of subsequent installments will incur an administration charge of £25.00 per week.
6. A refundable security deposit of £100.00 will also be required against the cost of loss or damage. This will be due with the first payment - 30% of the total holiday cost and will be held by the property owner until completion of the letting. The owners will be entitled to deduct from the deposit any sums in respect of damage or loss to the property or it's contents and the cost of any additional cleaning incurred on account of the client. Any such deduction will be without prejudice of the right of the owners to claim any further sums in respect of damage or loss. The owner of the conclusion of the letting will repay the deposit or balance of the deposit to the client within 14 days by way of cheque or bank transfer, any transfer costs being charged to the renter.
7. Rentals include the use of electricity, gas, water, all household facilities, equipment and utensils, towels (but not beach towels) and bedding plus the end-of-let-clean. There is no telephone provided.
8. The names of all occupants and ages must be provided on the booking form and the maximum number must be respected. No person whose details are not given on the booking form may occupy the property at any time.
9. No pets are allowed. All internal areas of the house are non-smoking areas.
10. The client is not allowed under any circumstances to carry out any works in or on the property, to sublet or cede the whole or any part of the property; bring any additional furniture into the property; use the property for any commercial or immoral purpose; play any musical instrument or sound reproduction equipment so as to be audible outside the property between the house of 22:00 and 08:00 and must not leave the property unoccupied without locking and securing all doors and windows.
11. The owners cannot be responsible for any water or electricity cuts neither at the property nor for any mechanical breakdown. Nevertheless contact details will be provided should there be such an occurrence.
12. The owner cannot be held responsible for any noise or disturbance from beyond the boundaries of the property.
13. As a rule, the property is not available before 15:00 hours on the day of your arrival and should be vacated by 10:00 hours on the day of departure. However, there may be some flexibility and enquiries should be made with the owners if different arrival or departure times are required.
14. Clients will be responsible for the condition of the property during their occupancy. A security deposit will be required and the cost of any loss or damage will be deducted. The property must be left in a similar state and condition as when it was found. We cannot be held responsible for renter's own towels. It is the responsibility of the renter to ensure that personal towels are not mixed up with property towels.
15. The client will take full and sole responsibility for the safety and conduct of all members of the party and any visitors they may welcome to the property during their stay. The owner excludes all liability for any injury, loss or damage caused to the client or any member of the party, however caused.
16. Kittiwake is not suitable for the inferm nor children under the age of 5 years.